The Finnish Research Library Association (STKS)
The Finnish Research Library Association promotes the role of libraries in research and education. The Association was established in 1929 and has several active working groups and around 400 members.
The Association’s goals and activities are
- to increase the visibility and efficiency of library and information services
- to issue statements, sponsor initiatives, and make proposals
- to arrange training events for library and information professionals
- to strengthen library and information professionals? sense of identity
- to publish a journal, guides, and reports
- to collaborate with related organisations in Finland and internationally
- to participate in international events and projects.
The Association communicates through
- the journal Signum, published in Finnish 4 times/year
Check Signum’s Special Issues in English (IFLA Special Issue 3/12, Issue 3/11, Issue 5/08)
- website: events and training opportunities, connection information, mailing list, meeting minutes
- social media: Facebook and Twitter.
The Association is a member of
Finnish Research Library Association